Escape to one of the United States’ top wine destinations in the Finger Lakes and discover the over 100 wineries and New York microbreweries scattered through the region’s rolling hills and lakeside settings. Finger Lakes wineries offer an eclectic array of New York produced wines – ranging from award-winning Rieslings, to unique red and white blends – and ongoing events and activities throughout the year. Beer enthusiasts need not feel left out however, as Ithaca’s growing microbrewery scene is one to tap into.
Uncork the Facts: Wineries & Breweries in the Finger Lakes
From touring and tasting along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, to celebrating New York wine at the annual Finger Lakes Wine Festival, here’s the juice on wineries and more in and around Ithaca:
- The Cayuga Lake Wine Trail is America’s first and longest running wine trail in the United States, including 16 of the area’s best wineries, a cidery, meadery and four distilleries.
- Start your Finger Lakes wine tasting experience at Ithaca’s own Six Mile Creek Vineyards, located just minutes from bustling Downtown Ithaca’s abundance of dining, entertainment, and accommodations options to help you stay and play where the action is! Or stay downtown and visit Ports of New York, a small winery with big awards for port-style wine.
- The Finger Lakes region boasts over 5,300 national and international wine-related medals, six Governor’s Cups and is home to three wineries previously named New York “Winery of the Year.”
- In 2012, TripAdvisor named the Finger Lakes #4 on their list of the “Top 10 Wine Destinations in the U.S.”
- Several area wineries – including Buttonwood Grove Winery, Goose Watch Winery, Long Point Winery, Thirsty Owl Wine Company, and Sheldrake Point Winery – are accessible by boat via Cayuga Lake and most are pet-friendly.
- Many Finger Lakes Wineries host a number of ongoing and year-round events, live music and concerts, including the annual Finger Lakes Wine Festival, celebrating the best of New York State wines.
Start planning your next wine getaway to Ithaca! Explore the area’s many lodging options, including Hotels, B&Bs, and more to choose from. Find more information about the many Finger Lakes wineries and microbreweries below...