For the residents of Ithaca, going to the Farmer’s Market has become as treasured of an outing as any night on the town. There are several locations around town that rotate through most of the days of the week, but the big weekend market days are unmistakably the best. Hosted in a large, airy, waterfront pavilion, the Ithaca Farmer’s Market has something for everyone.
With cuisine ranging from Sri Lankan to Korean to the standard breakfast burrito, you can snack as you peruse the local vendors and merchants, pick up a fresh bouquet of flowers, or just sit by the water and listen to the live musicians.
- Steamboat Landing: April–Dec Saturdays from 9am-3pm; May-Oct Sundays from 10am-3pm; Nov-Dec Saturdays from 10am-3pm; July + August Thursdays from 5pm - 8pm
- DeWitt Park: May-Oct Tuesdays from 9am-2pm
- The Space@Greenstar: Jan-March Saturdays from 10:30am-2pm
- East Hill Plaza: May-Oct Wednesdays from 4-7pm
Rural Farmers Markets
- Trumansburg Farmers’ Market: Village Park, Rts. 227 & 96, across from Post Office, Trumansburg Mid June–Oct: Wed 4-7pm
- Caroline Farmers Market: Brooktondale Community Center, 522 Valley Rd., Brooktondale www.BrooktondaleCC.org May-Oct: Thursday 4pm - 7pm
- Lansing Village Farmers’ Market: Triphammer Mall June-Oct, Fridays 9am-12:30pm