Congratulations to all the Class of 2022 graduates from Ithaca College and Cornell University. We look forward to welcoming your visiting friends and family to the Ithaca area as they celebrate your accomplishments.
Ithaca College’s primary day of graduation is Sunday, May 22.
Cornell University’s primary day of graduations is Saturday, May 28, convocation celebrations are happening Friday through Sunday.
Graduation weekends may still look a little different this year, yet there are many ways to celebrate the great accomplishments of the graduating students.
Please note that mask-wearing may still be highly encouraged in certain public spaces for visitors and residents. Everyone should plan to practice patience and consideration during potentially longer wait times at your favorite businesses and restaurants. Many of our businesses continue to experience staffing shortages while still aiming to provide excellent service.
What to expect for Food and Dining
During these busier than usual weekends, restaurants may require reservations or may quickly reach capacity limitations. Please plan to call ahead or take advantage of options to order online when available. Same-day orders may not be accommodated as capacities may be reached early.
Many casual eateries downtown including those on Aurora Street may not be taking reservations, so please anticipate a wait. You can enjoy shopping on The Commons while you wait.
Availability is not guaranteed. Here are some dining options to consider:
- Maxies Supper Club is open for dinner, reservations are suggested.
- Boatyard Grill is open at 12 pm Saturday and Sunday for both graduation weekends. They will be accepting walk-ins only you can call ahead beginning at 11 am serving the same menu all weekend.
- Mia is open for dinner, reservations are suggested.
- Mahogany Grill serves both lunch and dinner, and accepts walk-ins only.
- The Heights features a set menu with some reservations available for both graduation weekends.
- Gola Osteria booked for Cornell University Graduation, walk-ins available for Ithaca College. Parties of 6 or more must order a prix fixe menu ahead of their reservation. Email email@example.com
- Hazelnut Kitchen has very limited pre-paid reservations available for both graduation weekends.
- Spanish Tapas & Wine Pairing Dinner - (limited seating available) CHEF & SOMMELIER WINE DINNER with Chef Scott Riesenberger and Sommelier Laura Winter Falk mark your special weekend with a truly spectacular evening – a unique cultural spin on finer dining in a casual yet intimate setting. On Saturday, May 28th at 7:30, Hound & Mare will transform into an energizing yet intimate Tapas Bar featuring authentic Spanish tapas and wine.
Greenstar Co-op, Wegmans, Main Street Market in Trumansburg, and Brookton’s Market all offer some grab-and-go food options as well as locally produced cheeses and other food and drink. A picnic style lunch may be fun to create and offer you flexibility to enjoy in a park or your own accommodations.
Ideas for exploring the greater Ithaca area outdoors:
- Discover Cayuga Lake sunset boat cruises, make a reservation in advance.
- The History Center in Tompkins County Guided Tour - Walking tour highlighting the downtown history of Ithaca College.
- The History Center in Tompkins County Guided Tour - Walking tour highlighting the downtown history of Cornell University.
- Stewart Park, a fully accessible public park at the head of Cayuga Lake. Picnic tables and grills are available.
- Visit Ithaca Waterfalls Challenge, a free digital check-in pass to explore our natural areas.