Fireworks in the Ithaca Area
We've got the most comprehensive 2018 fireworks schedule around! We will be updating our list of Ithaca fireworks as more event details become available. As we get closer to Independence Day, check back here for more information so that you can fully enjoy all that Ithaca & Tompkins County has to offer in celebration of the 4th of July.
The 4th of July is a special time for friends and family to celebrate America’s birthday. When you think of Independence Day, a few iconic things come to mind, including backyard BBQs, American flags, and, of course, fireworks! Ithaca and the surrounding area offer incredible opportunities to view firework displays. The best part: most are held on different nights so that everyone can attend multiple Ithaca fireworks shows and enjoy all the oohs and ahhs.
Some of the displays are accompanied by live entertainment and food vendors serving up 4th of July favorites. Families can take advantage of these special events ahead of the fireworks and find the perfect spot to set up lawn chairs and blankets to see the sky light up. A number of the displays can even be viewed from boats on Cayuga Lake. Tompkins County and Ithaca welcome visitors of the Finger Lakes region to join in on all the red, white, and blue festivities!
2018 Fireworks Events
Ithaca & Tompkins County
- Saturday, June 30: Lansing Community Fireworks - Come out to Myer's Park the Saturday before July 4th and enjoy this annual event with family and friends.
- Saturday, June 30: Fireworks Cruise Series - Reserve your spot for this incredible experience. Set out on Discover Cayuga Lake's MV Teal boat cruise from Allan H. Treman Marine State Park in Ithaca and be set up with the perfect viewing spot for the Lansing Community Fireworks from the water. Enjoy locally sourced finger foods and beverages. Seats fill up fast so don't miss out.
- Additional dates: Tues. July 3rd for viewing Ithaca Rotary Community Fireworks and Wed. July 4th for the best view of Ithaca fireworks set off from cottages & communities lining the shores of Cayuga Lake.
- Tuesday, July 3: Ithaca Rotary Community Fireworks - This annual celebration of the 4th of July will be held on Tuesday, July 3rd, with a rain date of Thursday, July 5th. There will be food trucks and musical entertainment at Stewart Park in Ithaca before the fireworks display beginning at 6 PM. Another great place to view this display is from Cass Park (music & food will be available here as well) or while on your boat on Cayuga Lake. The fireworks will launch from Newman Municipal Golf Course.
- Tuesday, July 3: Boatyard Grill BBQ & Fireworks Viewing - For a unique fireworks viewing experience, attend the Boatyard Grill's BBQ starting at 7:00 PM the night of the Ithaca Rotary Community Fireworks. Advanced-sale tickets and reservations are required for this event. There will be a BBQ buffet and music entertainment by Island Hoppers. You are invited to come for the delicious food and drink, enjoy the music, and stay for the incredible view of the Community Fireworks.
- Friday, July 6: Groton Community Fireworks - This year's fireworks display will be held at Groton Elementary School on Friday, July 6th with a rain date of Sunday, July 8th. This event is free to the public, and everyone is encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs, as seating will be across the baseball & softball fields. These fireworks can also be seen around Groton from various locations.
- Saturday, July 7: Inn at Taughannock
Additional Finger Lakes Fireworks Events
- Saturday, June 30: Eldridge Park Fireworks Event - Come out to Eldridge Park in Elmira for family fun, music, and food beginning at 3 PM and stay for the fireworks celebration once it gets dark! There is a shuttle service for transportation to and from the parking lot at the Wegmans near this event throughout the night.
- Tuesday, July 3: Emerson Park Annual Fireworks - This annual fireworks display will be held the night before the 4th of July, with a rain date of July 8th. There is a $5 parking fee at Emerson Park, where there will be musical entertainment leading up to the fireworks at dusk. Fireworks can be viewed from the comfort of your own boat out on Owasco Lake as well.
- Tuesday, July 3: Conesus Fest for Charity - The size of this fireworks display is entirely dependent on monetary donations. The more donations, the bigger the show! The "Ring of Fire", as it has become known, will be held in Orchard Park over Conesus Lake on July 3rd at 10 PM. Admission to the show is free.
- Tuesday, July 3: Honeoye Lake - Fireworks display at Sandy Bottom Beach Park will take place the night before the 4th of July at dark. Food vendors and music will be available.
- Tuesday, July 3: Farmington Independence Day Celebration - Beginning at 6:30 PM, food and live music will be available at the town park in Farmington. The fireworks display will begin at dark.
- Tuesday, July 3: Geneva American Legion Fireworks & Carnival Festival - This event will begin at 5 PM and go until around 11 PM. There will be great food and carnival rides available for kids. Expect to also see many games, a cake booth, and a huge 50-50 drawing. Fireworks will be set off at 10 PM.
- Tuesday, July 3: Sodus Point Fireworks Event - Come out to Sodus Point for the fun-filled Sunshine Auto Parade beginning at 7 PM, followed by an awesome fireworks display at 10 PM. The fireworks will launch from Sodus Bay Channel Pier. Stick around for Breakfast on the Bluff the next morning. A rain date for the fireworks is scheduled for July 7th.
- Wednesday, July 4: Candor July 4th Celebration - Get ready for this multi-day celebration beginning with a parade at 10 AM on July 4th, a chicken BBQ, and carnival. This event continues every day through Saturday, with a daily carnival and other fun family activities, a huge fireworks display on the night of Friday, July 6th, and a car show on Saturday, July 7th.
- Wednesday, July 4: Town of Irondequoit Celebration - An all-day, annual event that is fun for the whole family! The town of Irondequoit goes all out for Independence Day with an arts & crafts show, 10-K & 2-mile fun runs, a parade, a horseshoes tournament, a pie eating contest, and so much more! The event will be capped off by a wonderful fireworks display at dusk behind the Irondequoit Town Hall.
- Wednesday, July 4: "One Comm-Unity: Canandaigua Together" - Get ready for a full day of July 4th fun beginning with a parade down Main Street in Canandaigua at 10 AM! Following the parade, there will be a community picnic at Kershaw Park at 3 PM. Stick around for live music from 6-9 PM at the park's gazebo and a fantastic fireworks display at 9:45 PM.
- Wednesday, July 4: Corning Community Fireworks - This annual celebration will begin at the Corning Memorial Stadium with concerts at 7 PM and 8:30 PM. A fireworks show will follow at 9:45 PM over the Chemung River.
- Wednesday, July 4: July 4th in the Park - The Veteran's Memorial Park in Hornell is the site of this day-long celebration. Beginning with a parade at noon, followed by tons of family-friendly activities, this event can't be missed. The park, city pool, and tennis courts will be open to the public for the whole day. There will also be arts & crafts, kids activities, a car show, food vendors, and much more, all leading up to the fireworks spectacular at dusk!
- Wednesday, July 4: Symphoria July 4th Celebration - A one-of-a-kind Independence Day celebration concert will be held at the Lakeview Amphitheater in Syracuse at 8 PM, gates open at 6:30 PM. For just $10, patrons are invited to experience a unique collaboration of Symphoria and the Syracuse Pops Chorus. Performing music from films and patriotic classics, this musical event is like nothing you've seen before. A spectacular fireworks show will follow the concert over Onondaga Lake. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at this event.
- Wednesday, July 4: Branchport/Keuka Park Fire Dept. Independence Day Celebration - This old-fashioned, small-town celebration begins at noon with a chicken barbecue and music at the Branchport Firehouse, followed by the Main Street parade in Branchport at 2 PM. A community fireworks display will be held at 10 PM behind the Finger Lakes Museum Discovery Campus.
- Wednesday, July 4: Downtown Rochester July 4th Celebration - Celebrate Independence Day in style with food and live music beginning at 7:30 PM on the Main Street Bridge, followed by an awesome fireworks display over the Genesee River.
- Wednesday, July 4: Town of Greece Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration - The town of Greece will hold a 5K race and a Super Hero sprint for kids the morning of Independence Day. Later on in the evening, there will be kids activities and live musical performances by Josie Waverly and Orleans. A spectacular fireworks display is set to begin around 9:45 PM and everyone is invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit on while enjoying the show.
- Wednesday, July 4: Chil-E Fest & Fourth of July Celebration - An annual event featuring live music throughout the day on two different stages, food trucks of many varieties, vendors, children's activities, a car show, a parade, fireworks at 10 PM, and more!
- Friday, July 6: Watkins Glen Community Fireworks - After enjoying "Friday on Franklin" and getting your fill of wine and food, enjoy the spectacular sight of the fireworks that will be shot off at Clute Memorial Park on the southern end of Seneca Lake in Watkins Glen at 9:30 PM.
- Saturday, July 7: Fair Haven Independence Day - After a week of celebration, there will be a car show, 5K race, and music on Saturday, July 7th in Fair Haven, followed by a Wall of Fire display at 9:15 PM and a wonderful fireworks show at 10 PM to cap off the event.
- Saturday, July 7: Americana Vineyards 4th of July Birthday BBQ Bash - This awesome event in Interlaken, NY begins at 10:00 AM and goes until 11:00 PM on Saturday, July 7th. There is a $5 entrance fee, in addition to all food, drink, and vendor purchases. There will be food trucks available and local craft items for sale. And of course, you can expect plenty of wine! Multiple bands will be performing throughout the day to provide continuous entertainment leading up to a spectacular fireworks display at night. This is a can't miss event.