Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon FAQ
We have answers to all of your questions related to the Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon right here!
FAQ Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon
When & where is Bib Pick up?
Bib pickup happens at the Finger Lakes Running and Triathlon Co. located conveniently on the Ithaca Commons at 215 East State Street.
- Thursday, June 14 | 2 - 7 pm
- Friday, June 15 | Noon - 8 pm
- Saturday, June 16 | 5 - 6:30 am
Where do I park in Ithaca?
We understand that parking can be confusing in Ithaca! Here are some options to park your car:
- Cayuga Street Parking Garage – free on weekends
- Green Street Parking Garage – free on weekends
- Seneca Street Parking Garage – free on weekends
Limited Street Parking is also available and free on the weekends, for more information about parking in Ithaca, click here.
What time does the race start?
Is there parking at the Start Line?
No. There is no parking at the Start Line and we ask that all runners take the bus to the Start line. Any questions can be directed to the Race Director.
What else do I need to know about taking the bus?
Buses are free to all participants – just show your bib! The buses will be picking up runners at the TCAT Seneca Street Bus Stop Map. Buses will start loading at 6:15 am. Please note that the last buses will leave promptly at 6:45 am! Don’t be late.
Where are the bathrooms?
There will be portable bathrooms available at both the Start & Finish Lines. Additionally, there are public restrooms along the course at:
- Cass Park (between Miles 6 & 7) – 701 Taughannock Boulevard, Ithaca Map
- Ithaca Farmer’s Market (between Miles 10 & 11) – Steamboat Landing, 545 3rd Street, Ithaca Map
- Stewart Park (Mile 11) – 1 James L Gibbs Drive
Are there any water stations?
Yes! Water stations will be located at Miles 3, 5,7,9, and 11. Tailwind nutrition, in addition to water & ice, will also be available at the stations. Complimentary water bottles, filled with water, will be given to all runners at the Finish.
Please remember it is important to stay hydrated. Please drink sufficient water before the race, and in the early miles!
This is my first race, do you have medical staff on the course?
Yes! We will have two aid stations at Mile 12 and Mile 13, as well as trained medical professionals available along the course. Please seek medical attention at any of the water stations on the course, at the two medical stations, or from any course marshal. Medical attention will be brought to you!
Where are my options for accommodations?
Please visit here for our lodging options.
Where can I watch the race?
This race is Gorges! We encourage you to invite friends and family to watch you run.
- Black Diamond Trail – Where Glenwood Heights Road meets the Black Diamond Trail, Ithaca Map
- Cass Park – 701 Taughannock Boulevard, Ithaca Map
- Here you can watch your runner reach Mile 6, 7 and 8!
- Ithaca Farmers Market – Steamboat Landing, 545 3rd Street, Ithaca Map
- Stewart Park – 1 James L Gibbs Drive
- Ithaca Falls – Lake Street
- Visitor’s Center at Tompkins Chamber – 904 East Shore Drive
- Finish Line at Downtown Ithaca – Corner of Seneca & Tioga Streets
What’s at the Finish Line?
You will be greeted with a Finisher’s Medal and water bottle at the Finish of the Gorges Half Marathon. We also provide a fun After-Party event, sponsored by the Ithaca Marriott Downtown. The party will also have:
- Complimentary beer provided by Ithaca Beer Company
- Complimentary locally-sourced brunch provided by Fitnell Farm Catering
- Homegrown Music from the West Hillbillies
- Massages provided by the Finger Lakes School of Massage
- Renovus Solar-Powered Charging Station with photobooth to charge your phone & upload your photos!
- Additional food & beverage will be available at Monks on the Commons, and provided by Ithaca Marriott Downtown.
Are there other perks for running the Gorges Half Marathon?
You receive a comfy short sleeve t-shirt, and a cloth bag with goodies including information about our Gorges Show Your Bib & Save deals.