Looking for a romantic getaway or family vacation? Owl Moon Cottage is an elegant, super-cozy, accessible, and very private vacation retreat for nature lovers. Located right within the Finger Lakes State Park, we're just 8 miles to fabulous dining, shopping and cultural events in downtown Ithaca, and close to the wine trails. The campuses of both Cornell University and Ithaca College are within ten miles.
Owl Moon Cottage is wheelchair accessible and features fully equipped kitchen with handcrafted cherry cabinets, locally milled hardwood floors, luxurious queen bed, two beds for kids, tiled bath, spacious deck, and meditation loft.
The Cottage sits literally within the boundaries of Robert H. Treman State Park. From your doorstep it is an easy one mile walk to Lucifer Falls, one of the most spectacular and most-visited gorge waterfalls in the Finger Lakes. The Finger Lakes Trail runs just a few hundred yards from the cottage, on its route from the NY-Pennsylvania border to the Catskills.
Whether you're looking for a romantic hideout in the woods, a tranquil retreat for reflection and healing, or a memorable family vacation spot, we'd love to be your hosts.
Joanna & Art
Newly built in 2016, the cottage is wheelchair accessible and also family-friendly, small but comfortable and full of light. The interior space is 345 square feet with an additional loft area of 120 square feet. A spacious deck (600 square feet) wraps around the cottage on 3 sides, with a wheelchair ramp up the 4th side.
The open space design features:
* Fully equipped kitchen with handcrafted cherry cabinets, apartment-sized refrigerator and freezer, full-sized oven and electric range.
* Accessible tiled bathroom with tub and shower.
* Sleeping alcove with luxurious Queen bed.
* Two spacious window seats with high-density foam cushions, which can serve as beds for two children or teens.
* Loft area with two Twin Extra Long beds, which can be moved together to create a King size bed. Access to the loft can be blocked if guests or hosts have safety concerns.
* Cathedral ceiling, with large windows facing east and south
* Gorgeous hand-finished hardwood floor, made from locally harvested ash.
You'll have the cottage entirely to yourselves, including the surrounding yard and garden. The cottage is designed to maximize your privacy, but at least one of us is available at all times. Let us know if you or your children are interested in learning about gardening, raising animals, putting up veggies for the winter, making cheese, and other basic skills. We'd be glad to include you in some of our homesteading activities. Many hands make light work!