Fine dining or fast casual. Bakeries or pubs. Whatever type of dining you're looking for, find it here in Ithaca & Tompkins County!
COVID-19 update: Restaurants are open for service, please confirm hours & policies prior to arriving. Following the latest NY safety guidelines, individual businesses may still require patrons to wear a face mask anytime they're not seated to eat, and some businesses may choose to remove the requirement for patrons who have been fully vaccinated. Please be considerate as policies change.
Enjoy Foodie Paradise
We crunched the numbers and it's true: Ithaca, NY has more restaurants per capita than New York City! It's a delicious statistic that hints at the variety of local restaurants and tells us something fundamental in the Ithaca psyche--Ithacans are passionate about food. Whether you are searching for classic American bar & grill style food, or just-like-mama-made-it Italian, there's a restaurant for you. Have an adventurous appetite? Ithaca features an incredibly diverse lineup of restaurants, including Mediterranean, Ethiopian, and Asian-inspired options. You'll also find creative bartenders mixing up signature cocktails utilizing seasonal flavors. With the incredible variety of dining options here, you'll need to visit more than once.
Ithaca Area Dining Highlights
Recent winners of the Best Of Ithaca from the Ithaca Times
- Best Burger: Ithaca Ale House
- Best Pizza: Franco's
- Best Sandwich: Shortstop Deli
- Best Food Truck: Silo
- Best Comfort Food: Luna
- Best Outdoor Dining: Ithaca Beer Co.
For a full list of the 2020 Best of Ithaca Readers' Choice, see the Ithaca Times.
For outdoor dining, check out many options along the "Streatery" on N. Aurora St in downtown Ithaca. Additional options include:
- MIX Kitchen & Bar - 205 Elmira Rd, Ithaca, serving breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner
- AGAVA - 381 Pine Tree Road, Ithaca, serving dinner
- The Rook - 404 W State St, Ithaca, serving dinner
- Coal Yard Cafe - 143 Maple Ave, Ithaca, serving breakfast/lunch
- Glenwood Pines - 1213 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, serving lunch/dinner
- Crossroads Bar and Grill - 3120 N Triphammer Rd, Lansing, serving lunch/dinner
- Brookton's Market - 491 Brooktondale Rd, Brooktondale, breakfast/lunch/dinner
For a full list of options in Downtown Ithaca: www.downtownithaca.com/takeoutdining/