Explore Downtown Ithaca
Explore the Downtown Ithaca Commons
Visit the award-winning Downtown Ithaca Commons. A four-block pedestrian shopping area with over 100 unique shops, restaurants, street vendors & street entertainers; adjacent to Cornell University & Ithaca College. The Commons hosts year round events and festivals in the heart of downtown Ithaca. Also home to the legendary Moosewood Restaurant (famous for its vegetarian menu and its bestselling cookbooks).
You will also find much to explore in downtown Ithaca beyond the Commons. You will see public art throughout Ithaca as you walk around downtown. Don't miss Press Bay Alley or Ithaca's vibrant west end district.
Things to Do in the Commons
- Dine at the many delicious restaurants
- Go to a show at the State Theatre of Ithaca
- Discover the many galleries and artists in Ithaca
- Grab a seat and relax in the heart of the community
Events in the Commons
- Restaurant Week Ithaca
- Free Summer Concerts in the Ithaca Commons
- Annual Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival
- Annual Chili Festival and Winterfest