Explore Downtown Ithaca
Explore the Downtown Ithaca Commons
Visit the award-winning Downtown Ithaca Commons. A four-block pedestrian shopping area with over 100 unique shops, restaurants, street vendors & street entertainers; adjacent to Cornell University & Ithaca College. The Commons hosts year round events and festivals in the heart of downtown Ithaca. Also home to the legendary Moosewood Restaurant (famous for its vegetarian menu and its bestselling cookbooks).
Summer is the perfect time of year to explore Downtown Ithaca, particularly in the Fall Creek neighborhood near the Ithaca Commons. Here you will find spectacular front yard gardens, some ornate and some with simple wildflowers that will make you smile.
For more information on festivals and shops, check out Downtown Ithaca's website.
Things to Do in the Commons
- Dine at the many delicious restaurants
- Go to a show at the State Theatre of Ithaca
- Discover the many galleries and aritsts in Ithaca
- Grab a seat and relax in the heart of the community
- Restaurant Week Ithaca
- Free Summer Concerts in the Ithaca Commons
- Annual Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival
- Annual Chili Festival and Winterfest