Outdoor Recreation in Ithaca
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Perfect running trails. Breathtaking waterfalls. Beautiful shores. Unforgettable memories. Outdoor recreation opportunities are abundant throughout Ithaca and Tompkins County. Find peaceful shores to enjoy an afternoon picnic beside, biking trails through incredible forests, and hiking trails that lead you to the base of unbelievable waterfalls. Ithaca may be a mini-city in the southern tip of the Finger Lakes, but you can always enjoy some outdoor adventure to get you back in touch with nature.
Whether you want to launch your kayak into Cayuga Lake, follow a path through the trees, or play a round of golf on one of the beautiful greens, Ithaca won’t disappoint. Make your vacation here all about the outdoors and choose one of the many Ithaca camping options available to take it all in from sun up to sun down!
Winter Recreation in Ithaca
- Indoor ice skating at Cass Park and The Rink
- Winter hiking at Taughannock Falls State Park
- Sledding on Rice Hill
- Snowmobiling on various public trails
- Pond skating at Rice Hill
- Cross-country skiing at Podunk Ski Center, Rice Hill, and Cayuga Nature Center
- Ice fishing on Cayuga Lake (please ensure water is fully frozen before attempting)