Robert Treman State Park
Enfield Glen is the scenic highlight of this park. This is an area of rustic beauty with craggy gorges and winding trails bearing "fire and brimstone" names like 115ft tall Lucifer Falls and Devil's Kitchen. Come explore our historic Gristmill with interpretive signs. The park features six trails with spectacular rocky gorges and wooded sections. A three mile section of the Finger Lakes Trail goes through the State Park.
Please go to the NY State Parks website for the most up-to-date notices of any park closures and to confirm if swimming is currently open. NY State Parks reserves the right to close entrances to manage crowd size for the safety & enjoyment of all.
- Swimming is prohibited in the gorge
- Lifeguarded swimming is available seasonally
- Dogs are allowed on a leash
- There is a car parking fee seasonally, which is valid all day at all state parks
Robert Treman Trails
There are multiple hiking trails that provide views of the fall and the gorge. We strongly advise that you stay on the trails and not enter the water where a lifeguard is not present. The rock beds can be slippery, so if you do choose to walk through the shallower areas to cool off, please know that it is at your own risk, so please use caution. Water shoes with bottoms that grip are recommended.
- Gorge Trail: 2.12mi. Strenuous difficulty.
- Rim Trail: 2.09mi. Strenuous difficulty.
- Red Pine Trail: 0.79mi. Strenuous difficulty.
- CCC Memorial Trail: 0.49mi. Moderate difficulty.
- Finger Lakes Trail/North Country Trail: 5.15mi. Moderate difficulty.
- Trails may be closed due to seasonal conditions.
Ithaca to Robert Treman Directions
Take Rt. 13 south 2.6mi, then turn right onto Rt. 327N. The entrance to the lower park, with access to camping, swimming area and lower falls, is on the left.
105 Enfield Falls Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850