Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Perfect running trails. Breathtaking waterfalls. Beautiful shores. Unforgettable memories. Outdoor recreation opportunities are abundant throughout Ithaca and Tompkins County. Find peaceful shores to enjoy an afternoon picnic beside, biking trails through incredible forests, and hiking trails that lead you to the base of unbelievable waterfalls. Ithaca may be a mini-city in the southern tip of the Finger Lakes, but you can always enjoy some outdoor adventure to get you back in touch with nature.
All four NY State Parks in Tompkins County are open.
- Taghannock Falls State Park updates
- Robert H.Treman State Park updates
- Buttermilk Falls State Park updates
- Allen Treman State Marine Park updates
- Swimming is open seasonally only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- For the safety of all, please do not step off the designated trails.
- Cascadilla Gorge Trail will partially close in the winter season
Whether you want to launch your kayak into Cayuga Lake, follow a path through the trees, or play a round of golf on one of the beautiful greens, Ithaca won’t disappoint. Make your vacation here all about the outdoors and choose one of the many Ithaca camping options available to take it all in from sun up to sun down!