Discover all the fun things to do on the longest lake of the Finger Lakes
The longest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake is magical from any angle. So whether you’re paddling along the inlet out to the lake, diving right in, or visiting one of the wineries along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, we’ve got plenty of lakeside access points and fun things to do on Cayuga Lake. You might even catch a stunning sunset while boating out on the water or enjoying one of our beach access parks!
Cayuga Lake Swimming & Picnic Areas
Swimming areas are only open when a lifeguard is on duty. For the latest status of New York State Parks including any closures, please download and reference the free Parks Explorer App.
ALLAN H TREMAN STATE MARINE PARK
805 Taughannock Blvd (Rt. 89), Ithaca
- Public boat launch available. No swimming access.
- Now connected to the Cayuga Waterfront Trail and Cass Park, also within walking distance to Ithaca Children's Garden.
TAUGHANNOCK FALLS STATE PARK
1740 Taughannock Blvd, Trumansburg, NY
- Swimming is open at the lake when lifeguards are on duty. Please note parking is across the street.
1 Lansing Park Rd, Lansing, NY
- Swimming is open for the season when a lifeguard is on duty.
1 James L Gibbs Dr, Ithaca
- Connected to the Cayuga Waterfront Trail. No swimming access; fishing spots are open to the public. This park has an ADA-accessible playground.
Cayuga Lake Cruises
DISCOVER CAYUGA LAKE
Allan H Treman State Marine Park
- Public cruises last 1.5-2 hours. Sunset cruises, eco-learning cruises, and other themes throughout the season. Most cruises are family-friendly; book in advance.
- Public cruises depart the Ithaca Farmers Market on most Saturdays & Sundays in season.
SCHOOL'S OUT CHARTERS
Myers Park, Lansing
- Offering 2-6 hour private cruises for families/groups of up to 6 people.
Canoe, Kayak & Paddling Rentals on Cayuga Lake
Three locations by reservations: Myers Park Lansing; Taughannock Falls State Park, Trumansburg; Stewart Park, Ithaca
- Kayak, Tandem Kayak, Canoe, Stand Up Paddleboard, Pedal Boat Rentals
Cayuga Lake Fishing Charters
SUMMIT TO STREAM
FINGER LAKES ANGLING ZONE
Cayuga Lake, Ithaca
Restaurants on Cayuga Lake
THE BOATYARD GRILL
525 Old Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- Boat slips available
1213 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- No boat slips available
THE INN AT TAUGHANNOCK FALLS RESTAURANT
2030 Gorge Rd, Trumansburg
- Serving dinner and special holiday menus