Collegetown, an off-campus area commonly populated by Cornell University students, offers a special gathering place outside of campus for dining, hanging out, and shopping. There are even college apartments located within Collegetown so you can live off campus, but still be within close walking distance.
Need a morning coffee and some carbs to energize your day? Stop by the aptly named Collegetown Bagels for some of the most unique bagel creations around. Out late enjoying the Ithaca nightlife and need something to soak up the night’s libations? Cramming for exams and need something sweet delivered to your door? Call up Insomnia Cookies and reward your hard work at midnight. There is no shortage of delicious food to be devoured in Collegetown, and with culturally diverse menus, you’re sure to find something that reminds you of home. Here’s an example of the variety of options at your disposal when you venture out to Ithaca Collegetown.
Ithaca Collegetown Dining Options
- Collegetown Bagels – bagels, sandwiches, salads, baked goods, and coffees
- Jack’s Collegetown Grill – appetizers, burgers, poutine, mac & cheese, and more
- Oishii Bowl – Japanese rice, veggie, and noodle bowls
- Souvlaki House – Greek and Italian cuisine, gourmet pizzas, and subs
- Koko – Korean restaurant serving lunch and dinner
- Sangam Indian Restaurant – curries, naan, and rice dishes
- Wings Over Ithaca – wings, sandwiches, and salads
Ithaca Collegetown Shopping
- P & L Supply – pencils, stationary and whimsical gifts
- Fontana's Shoe Store – In business for over 100 years selling quality footwear, accessories, and offering repairs