Feel the Love This Valentine's Day
Celebrate Valentine's Day 2019 In & Around Ithaca
Spend Valentine's with your sweetie, friends, or even alone. No matter what your romantic situation may be, there are events happening in and around Ithaca for everyone! Enjoy an intimate dinner out, a fun weekend brunch, or even stay a night or two in local lodging. From wineries to dessert shops and savory restaurants, you're sure to find something to do for Valentine's Day this year. Feel the love, share the love!
Delicious Dining & Drinking Events
- February 9th: 21st Annual Downtown Ithaca Chili Cook-off. It's an Ithaca tradition! Over 40 restaurants will participate and compete for titles like "best vegetarian chili," "best overall chili," and "people's choice chili." Enjoy other samples from wineries, cideries, and restaurants all in the Ithaca Commons. And you can do some shopping while you're at it! What a way to kick off the week of love!
- February 9th-16th: Valentines Day on the Cayuga Wine Trail. Calling all local wine-lovers! The Cayuga wine trail has several wine-related events and specials for Valentine's Day all week long, including fudge & wine pairings, paint and sips, Valentine's dinners, and special gifts like personalized wine bottles! Be sure to check their website for specific dates and times.
- February 9th: The Science of Taste: An Ithaca Is Foodies Culinary Tour. Why not mix some education into a special Valentines date? The Science of Taste tour will take you to different restaurants on the Commons and allow you to participate in 5 tastings. These tastings will be specifically designed to awake your five basic taste buds: sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and umami. Buy your tickets in advance and we'll see you from 2 to 4:30 on Saturday, February 9th!
- February 10th: Valentine's Brunch at How Sweet It Is. Enjoy a delicious brunch with your special someone, or even a group of friends, on Sunday, February 10th at How Sweet It Is in Trumansburg. Seating is limited so it is highly recommended that you make advanced reservations. Time slots are available from 10 AM to 1 PM.
- February 14th: Bye Bye Cupid, the Alternative Valentines Party at Coltivare Restaurant. Make reservations at Coltivare for a Valentine's Day party that is unlike any other. Whether single, taken, or "it's complicated", everyone is invited! Enjoy light hors-d'oeuvres, drinks, music, and prizes for just $45 per person. You won't want to miss this epic event!
- February 14th: Valentine's Day Dinner at AGAVA. A creative prix fixe menu is available alongside the regular southwest-influenced menu.
- February 14th: Valentine's Day Three-Course Prix Fixe at Hazelnut Kitchen. Locally-focused with an intimate dining room. This restaurant has won numerous accolades and the chef was a guest at the James Beard House.
- February 16th: Cinnamon Roll Saturday at Sweet Melissa's Ice Cream. Indulge yourselves with a delicious, custom-made cinnamon roll that is flavored like Rocky Road ice cream! Get to their Ithaca Commons location at noon on Saturday, February 16th and get yours before they are gone!
- February 16th & 17th: Weekend Brunch at Finger Lakes Cider House. Every weekend throughout the winter, Finger Lakes Cider House offers brunch to hungry customers, so why not grab your honey and enjoy a delicious meal together for Valentine's Day a couple days late? Nothing starts a weekend day off like a hearty brunch!
Lovely Overnight Lodging
- The Inn at Gothic Eves in the village of Trumansburg is featuring a special package during Valentine's weekend. The Hot! Hot! Hot! Package includes 2 consecutive nights at the Inn, a couples Hot Stone massage for half price, and use of the hot tub and sauna.
- La Tourelle in Ithaca is offering an overnight and dinner package for Valentine's Day. For just $285, couples will receive a 6-course meal with wine selections and a traditional queen room for an overnight stay. For an additional $30, you can upgrade to a king room which features a gas fireplace, jetted tub, and a balcony. Surprise your lover with a romantic weekend getaway!
Unique Date Ideas
- February 13th: Galentine Ring Stack Date Night. Make your own stacking rings with choice of metal at the Metal Smithery.
- January 27th-Feb 17th: The Roommate at the Kitchen Theatre. Live theatre always provokes conversation and this intimate setting walking distance to the Downtown Commons is now showing a "laugh-out-loud comedy of moving boxes, new beginnings, questionable business venture."