Things to Do on Cayuga Lake
The longest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake is magical from any angle. So whether you’re paddling along the inlet out to the lake, diving right in or visiting one of the wineries along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, we’ve got plenty of lakeside access points and fun things to do on Cayuga Lake. You might even catch a stunning sunset while boating out on the water or enjoying one of our beach access parks!
Explore the Southern end of Cayuga Lake virtually from home!
Places to Swim & Picnic on Cayuga Lake
Swimming is now CLOSED for the 2020 season at all area parks.
ALLAN H TREMAN STATE MARINE PARK
805 Taughannock Blvd (Rt. 89), Ithaca
- Public boat launch available. No swimming access.
- Now connected to the Cayuga Waterfront Trail and Cass Park, also walking distance to Ithaca Children's Garden.
- Swimming is open at the lake when lifeguards are on duty. Please note parking is across the street.The summer concert series has been canceled for 2020.
- Swimming is open for the season when a lifeguard is on duty.
1 James L Gibbs Dr, Ithaca
- Connected to the Cayuga Waterfront Trail. No swimming access; fishing spots open to the public. This park now has a wheelchair accessible playground.
Cayuga Lake Boat Cruise
DISCOVER CAYUGA LAKE
Allan H Treman State Marine Park
- Public cruises have resumed after July 3, 2020 and last 1.5-2 hours.
- In response to COVID-19, some of the updated protocols include: reducing the capacity of the MV Teal from 70 passengers to 22 passengers until further notice; personal face masks that cover mouth and nose will be required for boarding for all individuals 3 years and older; social distancing will be a priority at all times, passengers are required to follow signage and markings on the deck.
- Virtual Experiences: Cruises on the MV Teal; Floating Classroom Experience
FINGER LAKES WINE CRUISES
Myers Park, Lansing
- Offering 2-6 hour private cruises for families/groups of up to 6 people.
- All passengers will be required to have a digital temperature check, wear a mask and fill out a health questionnaire before boarding the boat.
ITHACA BOAT TOURS
435 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- Currently on hold for the 2020 Season, not taking reservations.
Paddling Rentals on Cayuga Lake
321 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- Kayak, Tandem Kayak, Canoe, Stand Up Paddleboard Rentals
- Myers Park, Lansing - open daily
- Taughannock Falls State Park, Trumansburg - open daily
- Rentals are not currently offered through the Stewart Park location
- Kayak, Tandem Kayak, Canoe, Stand Up Paddleboard, Pedal Boat Rentals
Cayuga Lake Fishing Charters
SUMMIT TO STREAM
Allen H. Treman Marine Park
- Cayuga Lake, Ithaca
FINGER LAKES ANGLING ZONE
Cayuga Lake, Ithaca
Restaurants on Cayuga Lake
THE BOATYARD GRILL
525 Old Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- Boat slips available
1213 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- No boat slips available
THE INN AT TAUGHANNOCK
2030 Gorge Rd, Trumansburg
- The Inn is open for overnight guests, the restaurant will reopen July 31, 2020
|To further explore around Cayuga Lake, plan a drive along the Cayuga Scenic Byway. The route features scenic views of the lake and its shores, rural and woodland landscapes and numerous historic, natural, and cultural attractions.|