Fine dining or fast food. Bakeries or pubs. Whatever type of dining you're looking for, find it here in Ithaca & Tompkins County!
Important COVID-19 update: Restaurants are open for service following NY State social distancing guidelines. Many eateries now recommend reservations, or have modified takeout menus. For your convenience, you'll find many restaurants are offering order online options directly on their websites. Please confirm prior to arriving, and plan to wear a face mask anytime you're not seated to eat.
Enjoy Foodie Paradise
We crunched the numbers and it's true: Ithaca, NY has more restaurants per capita than New York City! It's a delicious statistic that hints at the variety of local restaurants and tells us something fundamental in the Ithaca psyche--Ithacans are passionate about food. Whether you are searching for classic American bar & grill style food, or just-like-mama-made-it Italian, there's a restaurant for you. Have an adventurous appetite? Ithaca features an incredibly diverse line up of restaurants, including Mediterranean, Ethiopian, and Asian inspired options. If you're looking for a late-night meal, several of the pubs and bars in Ithaca serve up delicious meals to pair with their signature cocktails. With so many places to eat in Ithaca, you'll need to visit us more than once. But don't worry; we know that as soon as you've tasted the incredible variety of dining options here, you'll want to come back for seconds anyway!
Ithaca Area Dining Highlights
Offering heated outdoor areas with food & beverage service
- Monks on the Commons - downtown Ithaca
- The Strand at Canopy by Hilton - downtown Ithaca
- Argos Inn and Bar Argos - downtown Ithaca
- Inn at Taughannock - west side of Cayuga Lake, Trumansburg
- Plantation Bar & Grill - Dryden Rd, Ithaca
- Ithaca Beer Co - 122 Ithaca Beer Dr, Ithaca
- South Hill Cider - 550 Sandbank Rd, Ithaca
- Treleaven Wines - east side of Cayuga Lake, King Ferry
- Lucas Vineyards - west side of Cayuga Lake, Interlaken
Many restaurants are offering special take-out/curbside pick-up menus in addition to indoor seating.
- Coltivare - 235 S Cayuga St, 607-882-2333
- Simeon's American Bistro - 224 E State Street, 607-272-2212
- Gola Osteria - 115 S Quarry St, 607-273-0333
- Hazelnut Kitchen - 53 E Main St, Trumansburg, 607-387-4433
- Maxie's Supper Club
For a full list of options in Downtown Ithaca: www.downtownithaca.com/takeoutdining/
Yummy Vegetarian/Vegan Stops
- Moosewood Restaurant - 215 N Cayuga St, Ithaca
- Northstar House - 202 E Falls St, Ithaca
- Thai Basil - 118 W State St, Ithaca
- Hawi Ethiopian Restaurant - 113 S Cayuga St, Ithaca