Fine dining or fast food. Bakeries or pubs. Whatever type of dining you're looking for, find it here in Ithaca & Tompkins County!
Enjoy Foodie Paradise
We crunched the numbers and it's true: Ithaca, NY has more restaurants per capita than New York City! It's a delicious statistic that hints at the variety of local restaurants and tells us something fundamental in the Ithaca psyche--Ithacans are passionate about food. Whether you are searching for classic American bar & grill style food, or just-like-mama-made-it Italian, there's a restaurant for you. Have an adventurous appetite? Ithaca features an incredibly diverse line up of restaurants, including Mediterranian, Ethiopian, and Asian inspired options. If you're looking for a late-night meal, several of the pubs and bars in Ithaca serve up delicious meals to pair with their signature cocktails. With so many places to eat in Ithaca, you'll need to visit us more than once. But don't worry; we know that as soon as you've tasted the incredible variety of dining options here, you'll want to come back for seconds anyway!
Ithaca Area Dining Highlights
Great Burger Spots
- Ithaca Ale House - 111 N Aurora St, Ithaca
- Glenwood Pines - 1213 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca
- Ithaca Beer Co - 122 Ithaca Beer Dr, Ithaca
- Red's Place - 107 N Aurora St, Ithaca
Yummy Vegetarian/Vegan Stops
- Moosewood Restaurant - 215 N Cayuga St, Ithaca
- Northstar House - 202 E Falls St, Ithaca
- Thai Basil - 118 W State St, Ithaca
- Hawi Ethiopian Restaurant - 113 S Cayuga St, Ithaca
Best Ice Cream & Dessert Shops
- Purity Ice Cream - 700 Cascadilla St, Ithaca
- Ithaca Bakery - 400 N Meadow St, Ithaca & 2255 N Triphammer Rd, Ithaca
- Sweet Melissa's Ice Cream Shop - Press Bay Alley, Ithaca
- Cornell Dairy Bar - 411 Tower Rd, Ithaca
- Insomnia Cookie - 319 College Ave, Ithaca
- Cayuga Lake Creamery - 8421 NY-89, Interlaken
- Waffle Frolic - 146 E State St, Ithaca
- Ice Cream Caboose - 180 W South St, Groton
Visit the wineries that surround Cayuga Lake and the Ithaca area. Perfect for bachelorette parties, group tours, and day dates!
Ithaca is home to some awesome nightlife, featuring unique cocktails, live music, trivia nights, and so much more!